Global Technologies, Ltd. Privacy Statement
The Privacy Statement that follows describes the collection, use and disclosure of information practices pertaining to the Global Technologies, Ltd. (https://www.globaltechnologiesltd.info), including any cobranded partner pages powered by any of the Company’s subsidiaries, which is owned and operated by Global Technologies, Ltd. (collectively "Global", "we", "us" or "our"). By accessing, using or registering on the Site, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement. Global provides a variety of online services to assist individuals, brokers, and other interested parties with buying and selling businesses and publicly traded shells.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information on Globaltechnologiesltd.info
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. We automatically collect Usage Data (as described below) and may collect ZIP codes and other information in connection with your use of the Site (e.g., the type of business for sale you are searching). We collect personally identifiable information only when you provide it. You may be required to provide personally identifiable information to use certain services or to fulfill certain requests. In addition, you may submit personally identifiable information in other ways, including: (a) participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes; (b) subscribing to newsletters, editorial content, or promotional content sent via email (which have opt-out instructions if you wish to unsubscribe); (c) submitting content to the Site; and (d) in connection with other products, services, features, or requests made available through the Site, for example the Contact Seller, Email a Broker or Franchise Request features. The types of personally identifiable information collected will depend on the nature of the submission or the features of the Site used, but could include your name, address, phone number, and/or email address.
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by computers (or servers) to identify your computer.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a Web page.
IP Address Logs: We also log Internet Protocol (IP) addresses - the location of your computer on the Internet.
Cookies allow us to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site's forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and Web beacons (which may be placed by us or a third-party tracking utility partner) can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows us to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. Cookies, Web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (what Web site you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what Web site did you go to, etc.). This type of tracking does not identify you personally. Web beacons may also be included in emails sent by the Site to determine when and if such emails are opened or forwarded. You can disable cookies or otherwise manage them through tools provided with your browser software and with third-party software packages. If you turn off cookies, many of the Site's features will not work as well or at all. Anonymous information regarding usage of our Site and services that is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of us through the use of such technical means or otherwise is referred to in this Privacy Statement as "Usage Data." The use of third-party cookies is not covered by this Privacy Statement. We do not have access or control over these cookies.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Use of Information Collected
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by us through your use of the Site may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by us for any of the following purposes:
• To confirm or fulfill a request that you make (e.g., in order to send you franchise information you have requested, we will share your contact information with a participating franchisor).
• To communicate with you regarding the Site service (e.g., the Site may send you emails or alerts you have requested or request that you participate in a survey).
• To send promotional materials, newsletters, or other content via email, targeted advertising, or otherwise, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive such materials.
• To improve your user experience.
• To manage relationships with distribution partners, brokers, franchisors, advertisers and other third parties to which the Site may disclose personally identifiable information pursuant to this Privacy Statement (e.g., to provide reporting to advertisers, to provide customer support, and to resolve disputes).
• For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
• Usage Data: Usage Data is used by the Site for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, the Site may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about users who click on their advertising or other messages. IP Addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Sharing of Information
The Site may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
• Distribution partners. The Site may share your personally identifiable information with its distribution partners on the condition that such partner's disclosure and use of the information is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
• Requests. The Site maintains relationships with third party providers for some of the products and services offered through the Site. If you request information or services through the Site, you agree that the Site may share personally identifiable information and Usage Data as may be necessary to provide such information to or perform such services for you. In some cases, the information that you provide through the Site may be collected directly by a third party or its designee (e.g., through forms hosted by such third party or on a page framed with the Site's branding). Personally identifiable information also may be shared with the specific third parties that can respond to your requests in the form of reporting and other follow-up communications. The subsequent use or disclosure of any information collected by or provided to third parties is subject to their privacy policies and practices.
• Direct Marketing. Except as provided herein, it is the Site's policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are 18 years of age or older and have affirmatively agreed to receive third party direct marketing materials, the Site may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Although the Site will endeavor to notify all third-party direct marketers that the information provided to them is confidential, the subsequent use or disclosure of information is subject to those third parties' privacy policies and practices.
• Service Providers. The Site may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf. Examples include providers of analytical, development, promotional, research, review moderation, and other services. For example, the Site may ask that a third party conduct an online survey or sweepstakes or send newsletters or advertising on its behalf. In such cases, the Site requires that the third party maintain your personally identifiable information as confidential and use the information only to perform the services specified by the Site and not for their own promotional purposes.
Please note that the messages that the Site sends to you to confirm, fulfill, or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from the Site or its partners. In the case of these messages, the Site is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. The Site reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
Use of Email Tools
Security of personal information
Global’s clients and their personal information are considered to be Global’s greatest asset and thus their privacy is treated with the utmost regard and respect. Global takes every reasonable precaution to secure personal information within both its computers and its physical premises. The security of your personal information is important to Global. When you enter sensitive information on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us.
Opting-out, editing, updating or deleting personal information
Global utilizes email as a vital and primary communication channel with registered users and customers. As a registered user/customer, you hereby acknowledge and grant Global the permission to communicate with you via email (as well as other communication channels such as phone and fax) for any purposes Global determines to be relevant including, but not limited to, system messages, product updates, service announcements and other marketing messages. Global will use best efforts to honor customers request to opt out of marketing messages, but under no circumstances will Global have any liability for sending any email to its registered users/customers.
Users who do not wish to receive marketing emails including the Global Bulletins, Global promotional Emails, or Sponsor Emails are requested to contact us at email@example.com or select the opt-out option that is available on all email correspondence. Additionally, users may also opt out of Listing or Email Alerts by returning to the Listing Alerts and Email Alerts sections and clicking on the "Cancel Notification" link. We also send our users site and service announcement updates. Members are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about service notices and responsibilities. Global occasionally communicates with its users via email and phone to provide information about requested services and regarding issues related to their account. It is important to note that this communication is not used for marketing or promotional purposes. Requesting the deletion of certain types of user information may prevent users from accessing some website features.
You may correct or update your personal information by going to the area of the site where you submitted the information, and following the instructions to view, change or delete the information.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, delete or update your personal information by making the change on your member profile page or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business-related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice (including via fax), or through posting of such notice on our website, as determined by Global in our sole discretion. Global reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described herein. Global is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. We recommend that you add email@example.com to your email address book to help ensure you receive email notifications from us.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If Global decides to change this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes to this Privacy Statement and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
Global reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If Global makes material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you here and by email.
The Site believes that it is especially important to protect children's privacy online. The Site does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and Site does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted at the Site by visitors younger than 13 years old.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.